Friday, February 22, 2008

Brick Wall


I feel like I hit a brick wall today when I sat down to write this blog.  Thinking I had a great idea in mind, I was so wrong.  But, it made me think - what creates these barriers?  Is it a lack of confidence? Fear of publishing something our peers will make fun of?  Or is it simply just an incomplete thought that never materialized into more?
I guess in my case, it's a combination of all three.  Maybe it's my mood, but I just feel like any idea I put on my blog today isn't good enough.  Maybe it's the result of a more than horrible sports recap on the Daily Update that has put me in this mood.  I guess something as small as being too critical of yourself can crush your self-esteem faster than you can crush a spider.
I'm sure by my next entry though I'll have my confidence restored, and any idea that comes to my mind will be satisfactory with a little extra flair and color :)

No comments: