Friday, February 1, 2008

I guess this is funny...


When I first saw this commercial I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be offended.  I mean, the whole idea of the ad is funny, and I guess since Pepsi employees were featured in the ad it's ok, but if I was deaf I think I would be maybe slightly offended.

The message at the beginning may save Pepsi from some criticism, but not all.  If I was death I would almost feel insulted to know that other people in the country are watching the same thing, and laughing at people with my disability.  I mean a deaf person doesn't laugh at a person who has perfect hearing.

I think Pepsi definitely took a risk in airing this - even though it is humorous.  If a Snickers ad featuring two straight guys touching lips creates such an outcry, it should be interesting to see what this ad stirs up any controversy.


No comments: