Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Airport Security

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/28/tsa.bombtest/index.html
So I realize this article is old news, but having just returned from Phoenix, this struck me as somewhat important. If you don't read it, basically a man testing airport security managed to get through the Tampa Airport security check with a fake homemade bomb strapped around his waist, hidden beneath his shirt.  The only way this ties into being creative is that this man creatively hid the "bomb," and creatively tricked security personnel at the airport.
If people are getting away with this, it makes me think how much other "stuff" people are getting away with in airports. I tried to take a Starbucks coffee through security, but they made me throw it away just so I could buy another one out at the gate. Three people behind me, a woman walked through with a thermos of who knows what.  Apparently, a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl with a chai latte is the stereotype of a terrorist.
It's obvious the terrorists in the Middle East or wherever else they live are constantly coming up with new ideas on how to creatively destroy our country. But I feel as if our country has no way to defend us from these ideas.
Maybe someone will come up with a creative way to keep our home safe. Until then, I'm convinced airport security is full of people on power trips, and will always remain selective of who they screen in security.

No comments: